At AESEKOL we have been distributing food to all kinds of companies for years: hotels, restaurants, supermarkets, amusement parks and even to cruise ships. Our logistics team has satisfied all kinds of demands worldwide, from Europe to South America.
One of the most requested products by our customers are canned products.
Advantages of canned foods
Canned foods are fresh products that have been cooked, sterilized and placed in hermetically sealed containers to keep their properties for a longer time. They receive a heat treatment that destroys any microorganism without affecting the nutritional values of the food.
Shelf life and quality
The production process of canned food allows its storage at room temperature up to 5 years. This is one of the reasons why these products are so demanded. The quality guarantee that they offer over time allows those who have them in their kitchens or restaurants to offer their customers a first-class product at a lower cost than fresh products.
As we have already told you, one of the reasons for including canned products in the Foodservice business shopping list is money saving. Canned fish, legumes or vegetables are cheaper than those bought fresh, and, in addition, nothing is “wasted” so we will be saving on costs.
Canned products do not need refrigeration so they are easier to store, and the container that protects them, the can, can be stacked one on top of the other, making it easy to store.
Finally, we want to give you some recommendations for those of you who work with canned food:
– Discard any cans that show rust, are broken, bent, or swollen.
– Before opening them, wash them with soap and water to remove any traces of dust that may have settled on it.
– The perfect place to keep them is in cool, dry spaces, protected from heat and light.
– The oldest containers will always be put in front of the new ones so they will be used before.
– If once the can is opened we do not use all the product it contains, we must keep the leftover in a glass container inside the refrigerator, never store it in the same can.
Preserves have made their way into the gourmet kitchen thanks to the wide variety of products they offer.
Remember we distribute food products to Europe, Asia, Africa, South America and the Caribbean.